Spinach Fettuccine with Sausage, Peppers & Olives
Cost (Per Serving)$2.85
Italian Sausage Pasta. This was AWESOME!! I first thought I would need to add a sauce, but no! It was delicious the way it is written. I used Hot Italian Turkey Sausage — Ruth Mayercak
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Hot Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) uncooked refrigerated spinach fettuccine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 5 large Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Remove sausage from casing and brown in skillet. Drain and reserve.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sausage and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in olives and basil.
- Drain pasta and toss with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.