Spinach Cheese Tortellini with Italian Sausage
About this recipe
“I like this recipe because it’s quick and easy to make on a weeknight. I prefer using the Mild Ground Italian but it’s also great with the Sweet Italian which my kids like better.”
- 1 package Johnsonville® All Natural Mild Italian Ground Sausage
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions with mushrooms. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the sausage mixture. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to the package directions. Drain. Then stir into to the sausage mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; plate and serve with Parmesan cheese.