Spinach and Cheese Baked Manicotti with Johnsonville Italian Sausage
A little time consuming but well worth the time. It turned out to be one of my families favorite meals. It took a little longer to prepare than I first thought but in the end it was well worth the time and effort. Overall a very tasty and satisfying dish. — Akitx19
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 carton (15 ounce) fat-free ricotta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 egg whites
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 manicotti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, egg whites, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, onion, pepper and garlic. Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stuff shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with Italian sausage. Spread remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.