Back To Recipe
Spicy Sausage Rigatoni
Incredible. We loved this dish!! Just the right amount of spicyness. One of the best pasta dishes we have tried!! — Kim
- 12 ounces rigatoni or large tube pasta, uncooked
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add tomatoes, mascarpone cheese, cream and nutmeg; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is blended. Stir in fontina cheese until melted.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.