Spicy Sausage Queso
About this recipe
Tired of your typical chips and dip? Try this hearty dip chock full of Johnsonville Italian Sausage and cheese. Plain old chip dip won't stand a chance against this MVP of the snack table!
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 pounds Velveeta® process cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounce) chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- garlic toast
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage.
- Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve with garlic toast.