Spicy Sausage Queso
Awesome Cheese Dip. I do this recipe in my crockpot, but it is great with bread, tortilla chips, or crackers. You can make it as spicy as you want. You can substitute Rotel for the salsa and spice it up quite a bit. My family and friends love this recipe and it is never around for too long when I make it. — Tonia Stoneman
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 pounds Velveeta® process cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounce) chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- garlic toast
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until melted, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa, seasonings and sausage.
- Microwave 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve with garlic toast.