Back To Recipe
Spanish Sausage and Green Rice
trying to convert to slow cooker. This really would be great if it could be done in slow cooker — Jo Burch
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut the Andouille sausage down the middle and then down the middle again making bite size pieces.
- Chop up the green pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the green pepper for five minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and cumin, and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the sausage and cook for another five minutes.
- Add the rice, chicken broth and tomato paste, and bring to a boil.
- If your pan is oven safe put a lid on it and transfer it to the oven, if not then transfer to a 1 quart casserole dish, and cover with aluminum foil or a lid.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.