Spaghetti & Meatball Nests
About this recipe
Great things come in small packages with these micro-munchies from Johnsonville. This dish has everything you need for some killer spaghetti: pasta, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and meatballs. Johnsonville’s Italian Style Meatballs bring together great Italian seasonings with the signature flavors of Johnsonville that you love. These nests may be bite-sized, but they have the flavor of an entire plate!
- 12 Johnsonville® frozen Italian Style Meatballs
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-3/4 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup marinara sauce and spaghetti.
- Grease a nonstick muffin pan. Use tongs to fill muffin cups with the spaghetti mixture. Make an indentation in the center of each cup, creating a nest.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until set.
- While spaghetti nests are baking, in a saucepan, heat meatballs and 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce over medium heat until meatballs are heated through.
- Carefully remove the baked spaghetti nests from the muffin pan and place on a serving platter. Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce in the middle of each nest and top with a meatball. Top with an additional tablespoon of sauce, basil and Parmesan cheese.