Southern Sweet Chow Chow
Servings12, (3 cups) servings
About this recipe
To many food lovers, chow chow is a fantastic vegetable relish that is rooted in Southern cuisine. This Johnsonville creation captures the essence of that tradition with this quick and easy recipe. Tomatillos, onion, sauerkraut and green bell pepper are used to make a relish that has fantastic textures and flavor. Chow chow is a great dish that can be eaten by itself or as a condiment for many dishes. Use this relish with your favorite Johnsonville Sausage, and you’ve got yourself a perfectly paired plate.
- 3 medium tomatillos, husks removed, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.