Southern Style Sausage Baked Beans
Grandchildren loved it!. We had a taste of this at Publix and loved it so had to make it at home. It's so easy to make and I always know it will be a hit! I like to mix a couple of different Brats into the mix. — Cinders
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Smoked Brats or Beer Brats, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Cheerwine®
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (15.8 ounces each) Bush's® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, whisk together Cheerwine, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and pepper. Stir in the sausage, beans and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.