Sonrisa Rice Bowl by Helen Cavallo -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Naturals Fresh Italian Sausage
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup prepared basil pesto (buy prepared pesto or follow recipe for Helen Cavallo's basil pesto)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill sausage in Sizzling Sausage Grill according to grill directions. Cool slightly and cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a large skillet, saute spinach and garlic in olive oil for 3-4 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In another skillet, simmer chicken in water for 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature is 160°F. Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Using forks, shred chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, spinach mixture, chicken and basil pesto. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Top with Italian sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.