Smoky Barbecue Relish
Servings8, (2 cups) servings
About this recipe
Since barbecue and grilling go hand-in-hand, Johnsonville’s got an excellent barbecue relish that’s perfect for any occasion. Bacon, onions, bell peppers, poblano peppers and your favorite barbecue sauce come together to create a delicious, complex flavor that’s proud to be called barbecue. Try this smoky sauce with Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage or Original Brats.
- 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Enjoy with JOHNSONVILLE® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage or JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats!