Smokin' Italian Sausage Triangles
About this recipe
Created by Marla H. -Johnsonville Member
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in mustard and cumin; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square.
- Cut each sheet into 16 (3 inch) squares.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons sausage mixture in the center of each square. Brush the edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold dough over filling to form triangles.
- Crimp edges with a fork to seal. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.