Back To Recipe
yummm. I love smokey joes on a late Sunday night with the boys — Brat
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 green pepper rings
- 1 cup coleslaw
- Remove brats from casing and brown in skillet. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes
- Add sausage and barbecue sauce, simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto bottom half of each kaiser roll and top with pepper rings, coleslaw and top halves of rolls.