Smoked Sausage and Rice Arancini
About this recipe
Delicious Italian rice balls can be had in fifteen minutes with a great time-saving boost from Johnsonville and Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. These delicious morsels have great flavor with Johnsonville Smoked Sausage, Cajun seasoning, roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese. For an innovative twist on an Italian favorite, you can’t go wrong with Johnsonville!
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Original Long Grain
- 1 link Johnsonville® Smoked Split Rope Sausage, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 rib of celery, small dice
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In large sauté pan, add 2 Tbsp. oil. Heat until hot. Add onion, roasted red peppers and celery. Sauté until onions are brown and soft.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat rice according to package instructions.
- Add in the sausage with the vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add the rice from the pouch and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add in salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, eggs and 1/3 cup bread crumbs.
- Form into 3 oz. patties and coat in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat ¼ cup vegetable oil in large sauté pan
- Pan fry each Arancini in hot oil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve as is or with dipping sauce of your choice.