Smoked Sausage Pozole
Delicious and easy!. My family loved this dish, i will definetly be making it again in the near future. It was fairly easy and had a great combination of flavors. It's a keeper in the recipe book. — Lucky
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup bottled green salsa
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (20 ounces) hominy
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- shredded cabbage
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- cilantro, to garnish
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add salsa, broth, hominy, garlic, spices and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with avocado, shredded cabbage and lime wedges.