- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- favorite pancake mix (sometimes we just use a box mix)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut the sausage into ¼-inch slices, set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the hot skillet, immediately place the sausage into the pancake on the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.