Smoked Sausage Lasagna Casserole
About this recipe
Give your lasagna recipe a rest and see what a difference Johnsonville makes! This dish takes all the delicious ingredients of a yummy pasta and uses Johnsonville Smoked Sausage for an excellent flavor pairing with the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and spinach. Making this open-faced lasagna casserole gives you a hearty, beautiful looking dish that will please pasta lovers everywhere!
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1-1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 11 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained, divided
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, sauté sausage and onions until lightly browned.
- Add spinach and 2 cups of marinara sauce, stir to blend; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Spread remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce into a greased 2-quart baking dish; cover with 3 noodles.
- Top with one-half of ricotta mixture and one-third of sausage mixture.
- Cover with 3 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and one-third of sausage mixture.
- Top with 3 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- To create the decorative edging, cut the remaining 2 noodles in half lengthwise and insert along edges of baking dish. Trim to fit if necessary.
- Bake, covered, at 350F° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts and is beginning to brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.