Smoked Sausage Casserole
Comfort food at its finest!. I adapted this recipe for the crockpot and it is amazing! The only thing I did differently is I did not precook anything. I only thawed the green beans and sliced the sausage. Otherwise I put it together exactly as directed. I let it cook on low setting while at work for 8 hours and came home to the most deliciously satisfying meal I had had in a long time! Now it tasted perfect to me, but was a little salty for my boyfriend's taste, so the next time I will use low sodium soup and broth. But wow! My boyfriend even returned for seconds! I don't believe I have ever seen him do that! I cannot wait to have this again! Thank you, Johnsonville! — Amanda H.
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, diced
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 box (6 ounces) chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- In a non-stick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add prepared beans to skillet; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Pour over sausage mixture and stir gently.
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter.
- In a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish, spoon one-half of stuffing mixture; cover with sausage mixture. Top with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Drizzle with chicken stock.
- Bake, covered, at 350F° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.