Smoked Sausage Casserole
Outstanding!. This recipe is not only excellent for a family on a tight budget, but it's absolutely delicious! I really should have doubled this because I only got a few bites of it. Thankfully I had some leftovers from lunch! My kids had two big helpings, I had to remind them to save some for dad! He enjoyed it too. It's very simple, very yummy, and very cheap. — Christine Titus
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage, diced
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 box (6 ounces) chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- In a non-stick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add prepared beans to skillet; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Pour over sausage mixture and stir gently.
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter.
- In a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish, spoon one-half of stuffing mixture; cover with sausage mixture. Top with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Drizzle with chicken stock.
- Bake, covered, at 350F° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.