Smoked Sausage Cajun Dirty Brown Rice
AMAZING!. It definitely has some kick to it, but it's my husband's favorite meal! It's so easy to make too! It tastes like you've been in the kitchen all day! Definitely worth a try! — Amanda
- 1 pouch UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning and sauté until onions are soft and brown.
- While vegetables cook, heat UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add in garlic and sausage with vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add rice, half the green onions, and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix well and serve, garnishing with remaining green onion.