Smoked Sausage and Brown Rice Garden Salad w/ Tomato Balsamic Dressing
Complete!. This is a complete meal filled with ingredients I love! The romaine stays crispy even with the warm ingredients added. Very good flavors and a variety of textures. — Bonnie Slater
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown
- 1 link Johnsonville® Smoked Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 6 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup French dressing
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In large sauté pan, add oil. Heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper with salt. Sauté until onions and peppers are brown and soft.
- Set vegetables aside and in same pan heat and brown sausage.
- Combine lettuce and spinach in a bowl.
- Heat rice according to package instructions.
- Add the rice from the pouch, white beans, sautéed vegetables and sausage to the greens and mix well.
- Combine dressings together to make tomato balsamic dressing.
- Dress salad with dressing and toss. May use more or less dressing as desired.