Smoked Sausage Breakfast Stack
Great "Brinner" sausage!. We love breakfast for dinner at our house. I decided to make this but I did change the process, but not the "recipe". I first cooked the sausage in a pan and then wiped it out and sprayed it to cook the hashed browns. Once I flipped the hashed browns, I put the meat on top of it and then follow the remaining directions from there. The cooking of the hashed browns with the meat on top gave extra flavor to the potatoes, and kept the meat warm. It was a hit! The sausage is always in my freezer for quick meals at our house. We also put it on the grill first when having company over so they can nosh on it, prior to the bbq dinner being ready. Love Johnsonville for making life easy! — CookCJ
- 1/2 package frozen hash browns
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, carefully add frozen potatoes. Spread potatoes into an even layer in the pan. Cook for five minutes. Flip potatoes and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While hash browns are cooking, cute smoked sausage in half lengthwise. Place in a skillet with ½” of water over low heat and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- When the hash browns are done cooking divide into four and place on a plate. Place ¼ cup of the shredded cheese on top of each hash brown. Then place hot sausage over top of the cheese. Place sliced tomato on top of the sausage.
- While the cheese melts, cook eggs according to preference (sunny side up, over easy, etc.). Place the cooked egg on top of the tomato. Sprinkle with black pepper and scallions.
- Serve immediately.