Smoked Sausage and Spaghetti Skillet Dinner
Wonderful starting recipe with room to get creative by adding or subbing other favorite ingridients. I used 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini instead of mushrooms, cilantro instead of basil and Roma tomatos instead of the grape tomatoes and used the hot sausage rather than the smoked sausage, left out the crushed peppers and instead added black pepper and some red wine vineger, as I did not have the exact ingredients the recipe called for. I will definitely be using this recipe as a starter to create other ways of preparing meals with Johnsonville sausages. — Alma
Servings6 to 8
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and seasonings. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil and prepared pasta.
- Toss lightly; heat through.