Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast That Goes All Night!. Went to the in-laws on the eve of Thanksgiving and I put this together in the crock pot for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. I woke up at 3am and immediately smelled breakfast; went back to bed and got up in the morning to the thoughts of a delicious breakfast featuring Johnsonville sausage being cooked for the family. Everyone in the house thoroughly enjoyed this. The store only had the original recipe Johnsonville sausage, so didn't get the hot and spicy but it was still good. I wanted a little heat so I topped mine with a little sriracha sauce and it gave it the kick I was looking for. Definitely will be making this again! — Eric Raines
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Vermont Maple Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the green onions, bell pepper, chilies and cilantro; set aside.
- Spray a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer a third of the hash browns, sausage, green onion mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over casserole.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F.