Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Slow Cooker Overnight Casserole. It was Excellent...easy to make the night before and just plug in..We fed 6 adults with the recipe and still had some left over. I made it again for Easter Brunch and it was a hit again. — Lori Schroht
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Vermont Maple Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the green onions, red pepper, chilies and cilantro; set aside.
- Spray a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Layer a third of the hash browns, sausage, green onion mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over casserole.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F.