Back To Recipe
Incredible!!!. Huge hit at office potluck. Browned it on the stove. Threw it in the slow cooker. Surprised they didn't lick the pot. — Lisa
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope (or Andouille), diced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil until lightly browned.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Options: To prepare in the slow cooker, double the recipe above to make 12 servings. After browning the sausage, onion and green pepper, transfer to a 3-quart. slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.