Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
This dish may be called sloppy, but there’s nothing sloppy about the delicious signature flavors of Johnsonville! This dish takes your favorite sausage and adds in onions, green peppers, hot pepper sauce and barbecue sauce to make a fantastic mix that goes great on a bun. For a real treat, use Johnsonville Andouille or Smoked Sausage for a great pairing of savory, sweet and spicy! This recipe is quick and easy, making this the perfect meal in minutes.
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
What you need
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille or Smoked Premium Cooking Sausage, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1 In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil until lightly browned.
- 2 Stir in barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3 Slow Cooker Options: To prepare in the slow cooker, double the recipe above to make 12 servings. After browning the sausage, onion and green pepper, transfer to a 3-quart. slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE