Skillet Sausage Dinner
Great Low Carb Option. This is a great recipe and while they don't provide the nutritional info - it's relatively low carb. I can make the Johnsonville Chicken Sausage for me and other sausage for non-chicken-sausage-eaters in my house. Great addition to our weekly dinners. — Sandra Golightly
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can (15½ ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, sauté onion in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add sausage, beans, spinach, broth, wine, and thyme.
- Cook over low heat until spinach is wilted and other ingredients are hot.
- Serve in bowls.