Back To Recipe
Johnsonville Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa
I WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN. without the hot pepper sauce and I used white sharp cheddar and white Monterey cheese and it was delicious!! — NV
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toasted bread crumbs, optional
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, bring water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat, stir often until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not drain).
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch, milk and hot pepper sauce.
- Gradually add to pasta; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheeses and sausage.
- Stir until blended and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with crumbs if desired. Serve.