Back To Recipe
Simple Shrimp Creole
Awesome. This recipe has become a favorite in my house! It taste great and very easy to make — Latonya
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium Oil Blend
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) Tuttorosso® diced tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp (31-35 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and sauté sausage slices until brown on both sides.
- Remove sausage and keep warm.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery; cook until tender.
- Add garlic, broth, tomatoes, corn, sugar and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sausage; simmer, covered, until shrimp are opaque and pink, 3 to 5 minutes.