Scott's Southern Style Chili
Superb Blend of Spices. What a fine delectable blend of flavors. Everything just "pops" in your mouth. I reduced the garlic to two cloves and used sweet Italian Johnsville sausage. I added the beer after adding the spices and I let it cook down to enhance the flavors. I then added the tomatoes. Try this recipe. You will be pleasantly suprised with the blending of spices! — Sue Sims
- 1 pound Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can light beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked tomato seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Blend spices together.
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent about 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno and continue sautéing until softened about another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, stir together and lower heat to a simmer.
- Add spice blend and continue stirring until incorporated, cover and simmer for another 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Set out all of your favorite chili "fixins" and enjoy!!