Savory Sausage Stuffing
New Tradition!. Mmmmmm!! Made this today to bring to family Thanksgiving tomorrow. Made traditional family dish as well. I have no doubt that the Johnsonville will be a huge hit! Just afraid it will disappear & I'll be left with less flavorful leftovers! — Harriet Stephen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (12-14 ounces) herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the celery, onions and carrots. Cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in sage and thyme.
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing cubes and sausage mixture.
- Stir in broth, eggs and parsley; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°F and top is lightly browned.