Savory Sausage Breakfast Parfait
About this recipe
Give your sweet tooth a rest when it comes to traditional parfaits, and experience the creativity of the Johnsonville Kitchen! This parfait uses a great selection of everyday breakfast items to create something spectacular: grits or oatmeal, eggs, green and yellow onions, bell peppers and Cheddar cheese. What really makes this a perfect parfait is the use of Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links. The Sausage gives the dish its unmistakable flavor and fun textures that can only come from Johnsonville.
- 1 cup uncooked grits or oatmeal
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Recipe or Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 12 eggs or 3 cups liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare grits or oatmeal according to package directions; keep warm.
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into ½-in. slices and keep warm.
- In a skillet, sauté the green onions, bell pepper and onion in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour into the skillet. Cook and scramble until set.
- To assemble in parfait glasses, layer the grits, sausage, green onion mixture and eggs. Sprinkle with cheese.