Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. I totally love these, the filling is scrumptious.....I think there may be a typo because the recipe calls for 48 large mushrooms, I had 8 lg. portabellas and it filled all 8, so I think they meant 8 lg. mushrooms...anyhow they are very delicious — Saundra Pennington
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (19 oz.) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links or (16 oz.) Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
- Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- Remove sausage casings.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Cream Cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
- Combine Cream Cheese mixture and sausage.
- Fill each cap with sausage and Cream Cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- For the finishing touch, drizzle with olive oil.