Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Great recipe!. It does make more than you might need, but stuffing with peppers, putting on crostinis or French rounds is wonderful. I saute small diced red pepper and a green onion with the aforementioned garlic, which I put through a garlic press. That way the garlic is not overwhelming. If you don't have fresh parsley, you can add one half of the amount that the recipe calls for, with dried parsley. — Lynne Weber
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (19 oz.) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links or (16 oz.) Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
- Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- Remove sausage casings.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Cream Cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
- Combine Cream Cheese mixture and sausage.
- Fill each cap with sausage and Cream Cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- For the finishing touch, drizzle with olive oil.