Low Carb Sausage & Spinach Lasagna Casserole
This was surprisingly delicious!. I was a bit skeptical of this "lasagna," but I had some left-over Italian sausage I wanted to use so I gave it a try. My husband and I were completely taken by surprise. It actually does taste very close to the real thing! I'm a good cook and my husband is a former huge pasta fan, so that's saying a lot. I didn't follow the recipe exactly... I used mild Italian sausage, substituted cottage cheese for the ricotta, and used a low-carb marinara sauce in place of Pregos. This simple recipe is definitely a keeper! — Donna
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, sliced on the bias
- 1 pound Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Prego Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the Ricotta and eggs until smooth, stir in Parmesan and spinach.
- Fill casserole dish layering tomato sauce, spinach mix, sausage, tomato sauce, spinach mix, sausage, tomato sauce, and mozzarella.
- Bake till heated through, approximately 30 minutes.