Sausage Quesadillas -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
Here's a quick and easy quesadilla loaded with Johnsonville Original Brats or Chorizo, sautéed bell peppers and melted Mexican cheese. The whole family will love 'em!
- Grill sausage on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly, cut in half lengthwise and into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers; sauté until tender.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl and wipe skillet clean.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Place 1 tortilla in skillet.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese, ½ cup sausage and 1 tablespoon sautéed peppers over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with an additional 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortilla in half covering the filling.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.