Sausage, Peppers & Spaghetti Squash
Delicious!. I was very skeptical since i have never had spaghetti squash before. This was delicious!!! The only thing i did different was double the meat! I also cooked the spaghetti squash in the oven. — Jill
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Sweet Sausage Links, casings removed* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh fennel, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 6 tablespoons cooking sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the fennel, green onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, sausage and three tablespoons sherry; cook and stir until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining sherry.
- Serve hot over spaghetti squash.