Back To Recipe
Sausage, Peppers & Grits
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- GRITS INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon each chopped fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, parsley and thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup stoneground white cornmeal (grits)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Prepare grits in a large saucepan, combine the herbs, garlic, oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook and stir over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the cream, remaining butter, Grana Padano cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cut sausage into thirds. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook sausage until cooked through and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- In the same skillet, add peppers, onions, and garlic; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine. Cook and stir until onions and peppers are tender and wine has reduced.
- Spoon prepared grits onto plates. Top with sausage, peppers and onions.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!