Sausage Pastry Bake
Great breakfast - Lots of prep!. This is a great breakfast, but it does take more than an hour to make. I do as much prep as I can the nite before. Add 1/2 of a green pepper chopped with the onions. Plan on baking for up to 45 minutes. Serve with chopped fresh tomatoes or salsa. — tamingo
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 4 cups Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté hash browns and onion in butter for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer hash browns and butter to a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with cooked sausage, cheese and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet; roll into a 13-inch x 9-inch rectangle.
- Place pastry over egg mixture. In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over pastry. Cut slits in top of pastry.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown.