Sausage Pastry Bake
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Flaky pastry crust bursting with Cheddar cheese and delicious Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage. A hearty start any day of the week!
- Servings: 12
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
Sausage Pastry Bake
What you need
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 4 cups Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- 2 In a large skillet, sauté hash browns and onion in butter for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- 3 Transfer hash browns and butter to a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4 Top with cooked sausage, cheese and parsley.
- 5 In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- 6 On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet; roll into a 13-inch x 9-inch rectangle.
- 7 Place pastry over egg mixture. In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over pastry. Cut slits in top of pastry.
- 8 Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE