Sausage Mushroom Quiche
Great quiche. This has become my favorite quiche recipe . I also make this vegetarian style and it is so quick to put together and taste so good. I love mixing it up and using different cheeses. Great recipe!! — Lenea
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep-dish pastry shell
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Bake pastry shell according to package directions; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and peppers. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs and cream.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and the sausage mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Make ahead option: Bake pastry shell; cool on wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside. Prepare sausage and egg filling. Pour into a bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, pour filling into pastry shell and bake.