- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- 1/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; add leeks, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender (do not brown). Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cook over low-medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Layer half of potatoes in a lightly greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish; add half of the sliced sausage, then half of the milk mixture. Repeat layers, ending with sauce.
- Pour the cream over the top of the potatoes.
- Put in the oven and bake for a total of about 1 1/2 hours. Every 20 to 30 minutes, open the oven break the crust the cream is starting to form on the top of the potatoes. For the final 20 to 30 minutes, leave everything untouched to form a golden top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before serving.