Sausage Florentine Pizza
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Capturing the essence of the signature Florentine flavor has never been easier! This pizza brings together mushrooms, spinach, Italian herbs and spices, and Johnsonville’s amazing Hot Italian Sausage to give you delicious flavors and textures that work well in a single dish. Using everyday items like pizza sauce and ready-made crust gives you the taste of Italy without the fuss!
- Servings: 4-6
Sausage Florentine Pizza
What you need
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Hot Italian Sausage or Links, removed from casing* *Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.
- 2 personal size pre-made pizza crusts (or 1, 12 inch crust)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup spinach (frozen chopped, thawed and well drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced (optional)
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- 2 In a large skillet, sauté sausage, mushrooms and garlic until the meat is browned. Drain off fat and remove excess with paper towels. Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.
- 3 To skillet, add pizza sauce, oregano, basil, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until hot.
- 4 Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- 5 Spread meat mixture evenly over pizza crust.
- 6 Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil or other fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE