Sausage Egg Turnovers
Try this!. The only thing I would do differently to add some zip is this: use regular pork sausage patties, or even thinly sliced breakfast sausage links, and when you assemble them, throw in a slice of pepper jack cheese. Use the same quantity of chipotle mayo instead of Thousand Island dressing. Maybe sprinkle in some minced cilantro, if you like it, before you seal up the biscuit packets. A winner either way! — Mary Lou H.
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Vermont Maple Syrup Patties
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (16.3 ounce) refrigerated large flaky biscuits
- 8 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook sausage according to package directions; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, mustard and pepper
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add the egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set.
- Separate biscuits into eight pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6-inch circle.
- On half of the circle, spread salad dressing to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top with a sausage patty, egg and cheese.
- Fold dough over; seal edges with a fork.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.