Sausage Egg Muffins
Delicious sausage egg muffins. I really enjoyed these. Great taste and easy to make. Make sure to spray your cupcake pan well. I will definitely make these again! — Amy
- 1 package (9 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Vermont Maple Syrup Sausage Patties
- 1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (7.5 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces.
- Add green onions and red peppers. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and sausage mixture.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; press each into a 4 inch circle. Press into the bottom and up the sides of ungreased muffin cups.
- Spoon sausage mixture into cups; press down lightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes or until filling is set.