Sausage Diavolo Pizza
Simply delicious. I made this for my family with Johnsonville sausages and they fell in love right away, even my son who is a picky eater enjoyed this recipe. — Tammy Mills
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 refrigerated dough, rolled out thin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 long sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- other fresh herbs such as basil (optional)
- Position oven rack to center and preheat to 450°F.
- Lightly oil a pizza pan and roll out crust, thin.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté sausage and red pepper flakes until browned. (Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.)
- Remove from heat, drain fat, cool slightly and chop.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook about five minutes until onion is soft.
- Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring when necessary, until cherry tomatoes are soft and sauce thickens.
- Add parsley and sausage back into skillet. Remove from heat.
- Top pizza crust with sausage mixture, grated cheeses and red pepper slices.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!