Back To Recipe
Sausage Crusted Quiche with Hash Browns
About this recipe
Sausage makes a beautiful crust to surround this hearty breakfast quiche that guests will love.
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brown Sugar & Honey, Vermont Maple Syrup or Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced (5 slices)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions; set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the hash browns in butter until crisp.
- Spread hash browns into the bottom of a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate (about 1-3/4 in. deep)
- Sprinkle cheese into center of the pie plate.
- Arrange breakfast sausage around the edge of the pie plate at a slight angle, using cheese to help hold up the links.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; pour into pie plate.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of quiche; sprinkle with chives.
- Cover sausage at edge of quiche with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until eggs are set. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- TIP: For even easier preparation, use Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Breakfast Links and omit step 2.