Sausage Cajun Scramble
Andouille Sausage Cajun Scramble. Ohhhh myyyy this breakfast dish was so delicious! I made it for breakfast this past Sunday for my hubby and he said it tasted like restaurant food. Can't wait to make it again this weekend. The only ingredient I opted not to use is the onions but I don't like onions and eggs together. This recipe really deserves more than 5 stars : ) — Toodie
- 3 links Johnsonville ® Original Brat or Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium oil blend
- 1 small Klondike Rose® potato, ¼ inch dice
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (½ cup)
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa, (mild, medium or hot to taste)
- Grill sausage in Sizzling Sausage Grill according to grill directions. Let cool slightly, halve and slice into coins.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs and Cajun spice blend and set aside.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil. Allow pan to warm up then add potato and cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to medium; add onion and green pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes, allowing potatoes and onions to brown slightly. Add sliced sausage and stir fry another 2 to 3 minutes. (If the skillet seems dry, add a tablespoon of olive oil before adding eggs).
- Pour the eggs over the sausage mixture, allow them to sit and cook for a minute. Gently fold over the edges, (bringing the edges to the center) and carefully blend and turn the egg mixture allowing the uncooked eggs to reach the bottom the pan and the ingredients to incorporate into the eggs. After each fold, pause for a few seconds allowing the eggs to cook.
- After a couple of minutes, and when the eggs look moist and almost done sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and sausage. Fold the egg and sausage mixture over a couple of more times allowing the cheese to melt (less than 1 minute). Serve with salsa.