Sausage Cajun Scramble -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
Egg lovers now have a quick and easy recipe to enjoy a delicious egg scramble any time. This recipe combines potatoes, onions, peppers, cheese, and salsa to an egg dish that finishes in a flash! Original Brats provide that awesome Johnsonville flavor that's a great addition to any meal.
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small potato, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1//2 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa, (mild, medium or hot to taste)
- Grill Brats on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potato; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion and green pepper; sauté for 5 minutes, allowing potatoes and onions to brown slightly. Add sliced sausage; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour eggs over the sausage mixture; allow eggs to cook for a minute. Gently fold over the edges, (bringing the edges to the center) and carefully blend and turn the egg mixture. After each fold, pause for a few seconds allowing the eggs to cook.
- When the eggs look moist and almost done, sprinkle cheese over eggs and sausage; fold to combine. Serve with salsa.