Sausage Breakfast Skillet with Sautéed Tomatoes & Basil
Sausage BreakfastSkillet with Sauteed Tomatoes & Basil. This I will Love! You usually have the main ingredients already in your kitchen, so it will be easy to make this delicious dish. I love the fresh grape tomatoes, in this dish, and the wonderful Rosemary, for such a great flavor. The fresh Johnsonville sausage can be easily cut into small servings to make a delicious array of fresh onion, grape tomatoes, and potatoes. This would be a nice switch from a regular Breaksfast, or you could even cook this for your supper. I would add the over easy eggs lastly, along with texas toast to have a fanastic meal — charlene Nunez
Servings2 to 4 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE®Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage, divided
- 2 medium red skinned potatoes, (about ¾ pounds) cut into very thin wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary, dried or fresh
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, (about a cup)
- 1/3 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 to 4 large eggs, fried, scrambled or poached
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine thin sliced potato wedges, onion slices, rosemary and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss together.
- Use half the package of sausages (about 7 links).
- In a 10 to 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add potato mixture and cook for 5 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally so that they start to brown on both sides. Add the sausages to the pan and continue cooking alongside the potatoes, another 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally to evenly brown the ingredients in the pan. Add the tomatoes, stir to combine and heat through allowing the tomatoes to brown slightly and burst, about 3 minutes.
- With a spatula carefully push ingredients to the sides of the pan leaving a space in the center to fry or scramble your eggs just the way you like them. Remove from heat and sprinkle your egg skillet with shredded Gouda cheese and fresh basil.